Monday, May 4, 2009

I Really Hate It When...

You work all day for your neighbor for something and get like nothing for all your effort. It's disappointing. The other day, I was mowing OUR lawn and my neighbor asked me if I could mow hers too. As was expected, I couldn't really say no or come up with any excuses why not to because it was noon on Sunday, and I had nothing to do. I mowed her lawn in about an hour and a half. After I was done, she wanted me to help her dig a couple "small" holes for her trees she was going to plant. It sounded easy enough... I thought. She showed me where she wanted the holes and how big she wanted them. They weren't that "small" at all, because I had to have them 2 feet deep and 5 feet in diameter. They were also placed where two huge trees used to be, but were torn down because of the tornado, so there were a bunch of roots. The other hole that I had to dig was even larger and was over a spot where a gravel driveway used to be. That means a whole lot of chunks of rock that I had to dig through. After I was done with that, she commented on what a nice job I did and gave me $20. Yeah. I worked my butt off all day long digging through rocks and roots and mowing over 1 foot long grass and I get a measly amount of 20 bucks. I shouldn't have mowed my lawn in the first place so this wouldn't have happened.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Reed. Sounds like a drag. I've had that happen before, but with babysitting. Ask me and I'll tell you about it later.
    Lola

    ReplyDelete